Podcast: Play in new window
Podcast Show Notes
In this episode of the Vitality Guide for Women Podcast we talk orgasms, in honour of National Masturbation Month! It’s no secret that orgasms are fun as hell, but did you know that they are important for our sanity and overall health- rejoice!
Orgasms Regulate Periods
- Sends blood to the pelvic area
- Women who orgasm once a week are more likely to have regular menstrual cycles
Listen to podcast episode 1 about Rethinking Your Period
Orgasms Make Us Healthier
- Lowers risk of cardiovascular disease and protects the heart
- Improves brain and memory
Orgasms Make Us Look Younger (HOORAY!)
Orgasms Make Us Happy
- Endorphins flush cortisol out of the body, therefore reducing inflammation in the body
- Results in a deep state of relaxation and leads to better sleep
- Relieves stress
Orgasms Relieve Pain
- Release of oxytocin which is a natural pain reliever which can dissipate cramps, headaches and even lead to orgasmic birth…though I’ve never met a mother who’s reported orgasming during labour and delivery
Orgasms Are Detoxifying
- The sweeping flow of blood through the body gives the lymphatic system a massage and cleanse
- Settles tension in the muscles, which boosts healthy digestion…listen to episode 4 about digestion HERE
Remember, you don’t need a partner to have heaps of orgasms; while waiting for your prince or princess charming, give yourself a hand!
Thanks for listening, please RATE and REVIEW in iTunes, and SHARE and SUBSCRIBE…then go have a toe curling orgasm!