The first week of nutrition month was kicking; sharing my love for blueberries has been very fun! However, living in a northern and snowy climate, I know that sourcing fresh blueberries during the winter months can be, not only, difficult; but expensive as well- but I haven’t let that stop me!
I rely heavily on frozen produce to get me through this time; and I find frozen produce for us northern dwellers is often a better choice than fresh. When it comes to fruits and vegetables like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, green beans and the like, they are picked and immediately frozen, therefore locking in their nutrients; and in my humble opinion I think they boast more flavor than their fresh, “I’ve spent days or weeks on a truck to get here” counterparts; but that’s just my opinion.
I have always loved anything and everything President’s Choice, I think they offer a wide range of health based products, at a budget friendly price; which is something we can all get behind! For all my frozen produce I use PC Organics, I trust the brand 100%; and I believe you can too!
I thought an excellent way to cap off blueberry week, would be to do a recipe roundup; and with so many awe inspiring websites, it wasn’t difficult to source some gems.
- Quinoa porridge with almond milk and blueberries; nothing says good morning quite like this- thanks to Coconut and Quinoa!
- The Fat Free Vegan offers up a delicious blueberry vinaigrette.
- Who doesn’t like food in jars? Or jam?! This recipe from, where else, Food In Jars, looks positively delicious!
- A breakfast recipe from the gorgeous blog Naturally Ella with amaranth, a grain comparable to quinoa- yes please.
- EAT Boutique’s Blueberry White Sangria. Enough said.
- Spunky Australian nutritionista Lola Berry’s Magic Muesli
- Beets. Blueberries. Smoothie- three of my favorite words! A recipe from For The Love Of Food.